Location: Washington, DC
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Demand Justice Initiative seeks a detail-oriented Research Coordinator to lead our vetting of judicial nominees and our analysis of the records of current judges, in order to better inform our communications and digital strategies and educate partner organizations and the public at large. The Research Coordinator’s work will be critical in helping Demand Justice Initiative build a movement to restore the federal courts’ ideological balance and legitimacy. This position reports to the Chief Counsel.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Produce extensive research reports compiling information from public sources, including news clips, videos of speeches and panels, social media, personal financial disclosures, property, court, and business records, research databases, and campaign contributions
- Help develop communications and digital strategies to enhance the public’s awareness about the record of judicial nominees
- Draft and/or fact-check public education materials, such as fact sheets and messaging guidance.
- Advise on script development for our television and digital advertising.
- Coordinate with allied organizations to ensure our research work is comprehensive but also efficient.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 2-3 years of previous research experience on a political campaign or at progressive organization
- Highly motivated self-starter who is detail-oriented and well-organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with sharp political instincts
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Familiarity with Lexis-Nexis, public records requests, analyzing primary source documents, and commonly-used research databases
- Bachelor’s degree
- Commitment to Demand Justice Initiative’s mission.
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Knowledge of the judicial nominations and/or court advocacy issue space
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Research Coordinator Applicant” in the subject line.